Tea time for us, is the time of the day in which we take a break from all our duties and sit together as a family. As much as we love tea, and all the yummy treats that go with it, it can get out control with all the sugar in baked goods. At home, I do my best to make most of the baked goods we have for tea. Not only do I enjoy baking, it is also a way to include my daughter in the process and provide a healthier treat. This banana bread is one of my family’s favorite tea time treats. It is moist, delicious, and healthy. It is dairy free and loaded with fiber. What’s not to love?!!!! This can be made into a large loaf or into muffins, for on the go breakfast or snack. I hope you give this a try. Send me a message or a comment and let me know how you liked it.
Chunky Monkey Banana Bread~ Vegan
1 3/4 cup, All Purpose flour
1 1/2 cup, mashed (over ripe) bananas
1 cup, brown sugar
3/4 cup, vegetable oil (I use coconut oil)
3 Tbsp, chia seeds
9 Tbsp, water
1 1/2 tsp, baking soda
1 tsp, salt
1/4 cup, chopped dates
3 tsp, vanilla extract
2 tsp, cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut flakes (optional)
- Heat oven to 350° and line a muffin pan with paper liners, or lightly grease the loaf pan.
- In a cup, add the chia seeds and water and mix together. Let it sit for a few minutes until it has bloomed and it is gelatinous. Omit this step and substitute for 3 eggs if you don’t want a vegan product.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda & salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add the mashed bananas, oil, vanilla, chopped dates, chia seeds mixture, and coconut flakes (if desired). Mix well to combine.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Using an ice-cream scoop or two spoons, pour batter into the prepared paper liners, filling them about 3/4 of the way, or pour into the loaf pan. If desired, top with coconut flakes.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, or for about 35 minutes for a loaf pan.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating, or if you are like me, and have no patience, eat them while they are hot!
Sharing with: http://romantichome.blogspot.com/